Love Is In The Air ♥

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chapter 8: You Can See My Heart Beating, Oh You Can See It Through My Chest

So, what happens when you don’t update as often as you should, and a violent windstorm comes through knocking power out for 3 days? Well, I think you see where this is going…

The windstorm. Ugh. Thursday night, we had extremely violent winds come through. It was so loud and scary that B said, “It sounds like the Smoke Monster from LOST…” And it did.

We lost power around 10:30 PM, and didn’t get it back until Sunday evening. We had about 3 weeks of food in our fridge and freezer, and 90% of it went bad. We had no heat, no hot water, and couldn’t cook. (Everything in our apartment is electric…) Our landlord, however, has all of the above. Why, you ask? Because he has a generator that he hooks up to his house. Did he ask us if we wanted to chip in on gas and use the generator to help keep our food fresh? Of course not. Why? Because he’s an asshole. (Our apartment is actually connected to their house. They just built a not-so-thick wall between each section of the houses.) GR. I am so angry at everything right now. B keeps saying that I have hated him since I started coming over here, which I have, but I have had reason to hate him. I won’t go in to it, though… he’s always telling me I am too angry and hold grudges. Going in to it won’t help my mood, either. Heh.

But can I just say this? I want to move so badly!

Not much else is going on.

I’m designing our “Information Board” we have at work. It’s just a corkboard that we post animal health information on. But, I like to scrapbook and am creative, so I’ve taken it under my wing. I might just take a picture of it when I’m finished and post it here for you! :)

We went to see The Crazies on Sunday. It was really good! I thoroughly enjoyed myself. And Timothy Olyphant is pretty nice to look at, as well. *giggle*

We also got Love Actually from NetFlix last week. I hadn’t seen it, so we watched it last night. I was yelling at the TV because I was so in to it. lol It was a lot better than I thought it would be. Very romantic!

Our betta fish died. I was happy to see him go, only because, for the last couple of weeks, he had been laying on the bottom of the tank. It looked like he was having a hard time breathing, and barely moved. A few days before he died, he started to lose his coloring. I got hom the other night, and he was laying on the bottom of the tank, upsidedown, with 90% of his color drained. He was literally white with red streaks. RIP General Tso. You were a great, yet very angry, little fish.

So, I have to wear a heart monitor for a full month. Thankfully, I don’t have to wear it when I sleep, since I’m not having any symptoms when I’m sleeping. I have 2 electrodes hooked up to me. On is on my left side, towards the bottom of my ribs. The other is on the right side of my chest. If I feel any of the symptoms I have been feeling (explained in Chapter 3), I have to push a button that will; record my heart’s activity for 15 seconds. It will also go back and fully record what my heart had been doing for 45 seconds before that. (I guess it has a small memory, so it can be all nifty like that and back-track.) It’s such an annoyance, though. It’s constantly falling off of my pants (it’s help on like a beeper would be), getting in the way, and I’m always afraid I’m going to accidentally push the button that will erase everything it’s recorded. When I have up to five recordings, I need to call the hospital and tell them I need to send a transmission, then place the phone on the monitor, push the send button, and stand there for a minute while it makes that dreaded “dial-up internet” sound. It’s such a hassle, but hopefully it will tell us what’s going on so we can get everything to stop and I can go back to normal and my heart can stop being "broken"…


-Grizzly Girl